Since Summer is almost over, I thought that I would share a marinade that I’ve been working on that is really good on ribs and very easy to make.
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Pour both into a large cooking pan (large enough to fit your ribs).
- Add a heavy dose of your favorite seasonings to the pan and mix until it is consistent. I like to use Everglades cactus dust and fajita seasoning that you can find at Publix.
- Dredge your rack of ribs through the mixture on both side until the meat is completely covered. You’ll notice that your seasoning clings to the meat.
- Place meat on the grill and rotate as needed (every 10-15 minutes) until the meat pulls away from the bone. The olive oil will slowly drip onto the grill periodically giving you a nice flame.
- Add your favorite sauce and enjoy. I like adding a tablespoon of Curry powder to Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
Hope you enjoy!
Jason A. Battle DDS, CAGS
Specialist in Orthodontics, Dentofacial Orthopedics & Barbeque.